Bahasa klik SINI
the recipe below only yield one colour, for home baking the best way is doing one colour at a time. bake 6 consecutive times to achieve the complete rainbow colour
175 ml egg white
1/2 tsp cream of tartar, sifted
100 g icing sugar
25 g milk powder
65 all purpose flour + 10 g corn starch, sifted
75 g butter
1 tbsp condense sweeten milk
food grade jell paste colouring, red,orange,yellow,green, blue and purple
Prepare a 22 X 22 X 4 cm baking pan, grease the inner surface with butter evenly,line the bottom with porchment. powder with thin all purpose flour.
Preheat the oven to 180C/356F
- Combine milk powder with all purpose flour and corn starch, sprinkle with a table spoon of icing sugar.
- In a electric mixer beat butter for 1 minutes, add in condense sweeten milk , continue beating until the mixture become light and fluffy (about 6-8 minutes), set aside to be use later
- Pour in the egg white into a stainless steel/ glass mixing bowl,beat slowly for seconds, sprinkle the cream of tartar, (omit the cream of tartar if you are using a cooper bowl), add the gel paste colouring at this stage, beat a few seconds till you get your desired shades. Lower the icing sugar spoon by spoon (while electric mixer keep running), increase the speed to high and beat the egg white until soft peak.
- fold in 1/2 part of dry ingredient, fold 1/2 cup of the batter into the wet ingredient, fold the mixture back into the batter, continue fold in the other 1/2 part of dry ingredients.
- Spread batter into prepared baking pan, bake for about 10-12 minutes, or insert a knife into the centre of cake, it should come out clean. leave to cool on a wire rack.
- continue with the 5 colours left
To assemble the cake, apply Swiss Meringue buttercream in between each layers, refrigerate for 1 hours. Decorate as desired.